- 16 ounces cooked black beans
- 16 ounces fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe tomatoes, drained
In a large bowl, combine the beans, corn, cilantro, green onions, red onion, lime juice, oil and cumin. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill at least 2 hours or up to overnight. Just before serving, stir in the tomatoes. Serve with blue and white corn chips.
Note: If a spicier version is desired 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper can be added and thoroughly mixed through the salsa.