- 1 English Cucumber thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dash white pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced dill weed or 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 large boned trout
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 16 teaspoons Dijon mustard, divided
- vegetable oil
In a shallow glass or plastic bag, combine cucumber, vinegar, water, sugar, salt, white pepper and dill. Cover and chill 2 hours. In a small bowl, combine butter, parsley and lemon juice. Stir until well blended and let stand at room temperature for up to 2 hours.
Preheat broiler and oil broiler pan. Lay trout open. Lightly salt and pepper flesh. Place on boiler pan, skin side up. Spread 2 teaspoons of the mustard over skin side of each trout. Broil, 5 inches from heat, 4 minutes, brushing twice with oil. Remove from oven, turn trout, and spread 2 teaspoons of the mustard over flesh sides. Return to oven and broil 3 minutes, brushing twice with oil. Place a bed of the chilled cucumbers on serving plates. Place trout over cucumbers and dot each fish with 2 teaspoons of the reserved parsley butter.