- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup currants
- walnut halves
- whole basil leaves
In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, the chopped basic and garlic. In a large bowl add cream cheese and the oil mixture. Blend this well. Stir in the parsley, walnuts and currants. Although the preparation time is around 10 minutes this recipe is best if it is chilled for a number of hours in order to allow the flavors to blend.
Before serving, garnish with walnut halves, basil and currants.
Prepare this spread with water crackers.