- 1 lb mashed Potatoes
- 4 oz Flour
- 2 Cooking Apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- Sugar and Butter to serve
- Stir the flour into the potatoes and work with your hands to a smooth dough.
- Roll out on a floured board.
- Cut into quarters and shape each into a circle.
- Make two "sandwiches" by putting the apple slices between 2 dough circles.
- Using a heavy frying pan or griddle, fry in butter and / or vegetable oil until golden on both sides.
- When cooked make a cross in the top, open and add butter and sugar (or salt and pepper) to taste.