- Grated rind and juice from 3 Lemons
- 4 oz Butter (melted)
- 7 oz Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs (beaten)
- Put everything together in a bowl and place over a saucepan of simmering water. (The water should not be boiling unless you want to make lemon flavored scrambled eggs!)
- Stir occasionally until thick - about 20 minutes.
- Store in heated clean jars.
- Scrub the lemons well before using.
- The curd is great on toast or freshly made soda bread. It also makes a wonderful filling for sponge cake.
- Try making it with half lemon and half orange to give St. Clements Curd.