- 1 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 whole pita bread rounds or 8 slices French baguette
- 1 pound sliced smoked turkey
- 2 bunches watercress, washed and trimmed
- 4 Italian plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/3 cup currants or raisins
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, jam and curry powder. Whisk until well blended. Cover and chill up to 2 days.
If using pita bread, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Warm pita about 5 minutes. Cut rounds in half crosswise, forming pockets. Spread inside of pita or baguette with Apricot Mayonnaise. Stuff or top with turkey, watercress, tomatoes, avocado, walnuts and currants.